As a parent, supporting your child’s early brain development is about looking toward the future and providing the best foundation for academic and social success. Here are some tips on supporting and encouraging this growth:
- Love: Responding to your child’s needs quickly and with loving care is one of the most important ways of encouraging your child’s brain development. This teaches your child about building a relationship based on trust. Trust is key to your child being open to new learning experiences.
- Safe environment: Your child learns best in an environment that is safe and supervised, allowing exploration with some independence. Child proofing your home will reduce the risk of injuries while also making it a comfortable space in which your child will learn. This significantly reduces stress, a significant barrier to learning and brain development.
- Nutrition: Certain foods directly influence brain development in young children. Iron-fortified cereals help ensure that your child’s brain receives plenty of oxygen. Choline-rich eggs aid in the formation of brain tissue, and blueberries provide antioxidants to keep the mind and body healthy.
- Stimulation: Your child learns primarily through the experience of stimulation. Being spoken to and held, rolling a ball and feeling the texture of crunchy autumn leaves are different types of stimulation. Ensuring that your child engages in a variety of activities that stimulate different senses, will help increase motor, cognitive, language and physical development.
- Child care: Providing your child with the experience of a superior child care facility that meets your priorities for brain development, is vital to supporting this growth. At Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Clayton, we offer the exclusive Brain Waves™ Curriculum, providing your child with targeted stimulation to ensure that full mental potential is achieved. We offer age-appropriate activities, a professionally qualified staff and a state-of-the-art facility, to give your child the best start in life.
For more information about our child care programs, please contact us today.Show Less